Tuesday, April 3, 2012

A Bread Worth Buying



I don’t buy bread very often but when I do, I like fresh bread made from quality ingredients. I tend to opt for fresh bread from the bakery since most breads in the supermarket today have a long list of ingredients. Making your own bread is probably best but if you don’t have the time, there is hope at the grocery store. I am happy to report that I found bread at Garden of Eden on 23rd Street in Chelsea, NYC that is made with only a few ingredients. The brand is called Calandra’s Bakery. I bought the whole wheat bread tonight and was pleasantly surprised to find only 4 ingredients! Stone ground whole wheat flour, purified water, salt and yeast. That is it! How does it taste? Delicious! And cost? Under $4 a loaf. The only downside is that the bread only stays fresh a few days. 


If you eat bread and don’t have time to bake your own, give Calandra’s line of breads a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment