2 (28oz) cans of crushed tomatoes
1 (6oz) tomato sauce
1 cup of chopped celery
1 cup of chopped carrots
1 lb of grass fed ground beef
2 tsp of chili powder
1 tsp of cumin
1 tsp of dried basil
1 tsp of oregano
1 tsp of garlic powder
1/4 tsp of cayenne
|photo: Maria Quiroga|
1) Cook the beef with some olive oil and add the onions. Saute all together and add to the slow cooker.
2) Pour the crushed tomatoes and tomato sauce over the meat
3) Add chopped celery and carrots (feel free to add kale or other yummy greens as well)
4) Add spices. Feel free to adjust to taste
5) Mix everything in the crock pot and set it to low for 6-8 hours
This makes about 8 servings.
Eat alone or serve over brown rice and top with a few slices of avocado. Yum!